3M Organic Vapour Cartridge
|Availability:||In stock (7)|
This cartridge is NIOSH-approved against certain organic vapors. Use with 3M™ Half and Full Facepieces 6000, 7000, and FF-400 Series with bayonet filter holders.
Features and Benefits:
- Organic vapor cartridge
- Swept-back design for enhanced field of view and balance
- Use with 3M™ Reusable Respirators
Use in a variety of workplace applications, including petrochemical, chemical manufacturing, construction, transportation, and electronics.
When properly fitted, these cartridges help provide respiratory protection from certain organic vapors at concentrations up to 10 times the permissible exposure limit (PEL) with half facepieces or 50 times PEL with full facepieces. (NOTE: Full facepieces must be quantitatively fit tested to claim assigned protection factor above 10 in negative pressure mode.)
Warning: Not for use in environments that are immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH).
Before using these filters, you must determine the following:
- The type of contaminant(s) for which the respirator is being selected.
- The concentration level of contaminant(s).
- Whether the respirator can be properly fitted on the wearer’s face. (e.g., Do not use with beards, facial hair, or other conditions that prevent a good seal between the face and the face seal of the respirator.)
- Before use of these respirators, a written respiratory protection program must be implemented, meeting all the requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134, including training, medical evaluation, and fit testing.
- These cartridges do not supply oxygen. Do not use in atmospheres containing less than 19.5% oxygen.
- Do not alter, abuse, or misuse these cartridges and/or respirator.
- Do not use with beards, facial hair, or other conditions that prevent a good seal between the face and the faceseal of the respirator.
Time Use Limitations:
Replace cartridge in accordance with an established change schedule or earlier if smell, taste, or irritation from contaminants is detected.